The successful launch of Intelsat’s EPIC satellite means the new era for maritime connectivity is gearing-up. But what is the reality of satcoms at sea, and what’s about to change? A major survey by Futurenautics Research has the answers.
Futurenautics Research was commissioned by Intelsat to undertake a major survey of ship operators and crew globally. Designed to understand the implications of the current and future deployment of software applications in the maritime market at sea and ashore, the results provide a unique insight into the range of satellite solutions and apps currently deployed, and future predicted trends in bandwidth, satellite solutions and applications .
- Annual IT Expenditure
- Distribution of Satellite Communications Systems
- The average expenditure on L-Band, VSAT, Inmarsat, Iridium & Thuraya solutions
- Reasons for choosing existing satellite solutions
- Impact of crew welfare on connectivity uptake
- Data Growth
- Satellite solution upgrade path
- Future Crew requirements
- Current & Future Software Deployment
- Growth areas for crew application deployment
Buy a print copy via Magcloud